Sunday, September 04, 2005

Step one

Assemble all your supplies and decide what art you want on your stamp.
I like to freehand draw my art on an eraser with a sharpie marker. Most people aren't that brave. You can also transfer your design with graphite paper or carbon paper. Keep in mind that the final print will be reversed. On my design it didn't matter, but it will matter if you are carving letters or numbers, or need the art to face left or right.

Once you have the design drawn onto the eraser, you are ready to begin carving.


The tools I use are called Linozips. I got mine at an art supply store, but NASCO also carries them. I am getting ready to carve this Tiki image on a Mars Staedler Eraser. The ink label was removed with acetone (nail polish remover). Remember words and designs will be backwords when printed. Posted by Picasa

No comments: