Saturday, July 21, 2007

New stamps I carved




Three of the four stamps I carved yesterday. I've learned to leave on extra stamp material until the carving is finished. Yesterday I was carving an address stamp and I made the '9' and forgot to carve it backwards, but because I had a lot of eraser left under my address I was able to add a new zip code below my address, and cut off the one that I had botched. There is no photo of the address stamp because I don't feel like sharing my address with the whole world.

But here are 3 other stamps I carved. The branchlike one was inspired by a sculpture at the mall. I'm sure it will come in handy at some point even if it isn't a popular and easy to label image. That's the beauty of carving your own stamps...you can make designs that you'll never find in a stamp store because they aren't commercial enough for the masses.

No comments: